your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Pizza Pizza Pizza!

OK. So, I have to admit I have been on a CRAAAZY pizza kick lately. And yes, I'm quite okay with that. In my humble opinion the overall pizza scene over the years in Nashville has been... to say the least, struggling. But, as the dining scene in town continues to heat up, we are thankfully getting more and more fabulous pizza options. SO, I want to share with you all two of my new(ish) favorites in town:

Five Points Pizza


five points pizza nashville


Fresh, delicious, and inventive, Five Points Pizza is a MUST try for pizza lovers. They have some of the more inventive combinations I've seen around town, my favorite being the Vodka Sauce Pie. You HAVE to check this out-- it has fresh mozz, house-made vodka tomato cream sauce (amazing), spinach, mushrooms, red onions, prosciutto, garlic, basil, and romano. Absolutely DIVINE.

If you don't feel like getting a whole pizza, you can choose from an assortment of slices in addition to some fab salads (my fav is the spinach Gorgonzola). Another item you cannot miss = the Garlic Knots. Seriously, these things are ridiculous.. and in a great way. 

An awesome beer selection, fun atmosphere, and in the heart of 5 points East Nashville (side note: you probably should go next door to 3 Crow and get a bushwaker for dessert) are a few of the reasons that round out why you should give Five Points Pizza a try. Check out their menu here.

Tip: This is a small place and it fills up quickly on the weekends. Get here early for a table, or order to go!

DeSano Pizza


DeSano Pizza Review Nashville


The closest thing to authentic Italian pizza I've had in the state of Tennessee (I realize that's not saying much... but.. hear me out). Almost every ingredient in their pizza is imported straight from Italy the mozzarella is flown in weekly and made fresh in a small town in Southern Italy, flour is shipped over by boat, the salt used is from the Mediterranean, and this is apparently this is the case for every single ingredient they use. Awesome.

I had my first experience just last week as I have started to hear quite a bit of buzz about the place, and needless to say, DeSano lives up to the hype. We went with the Capricciosa pizza, which is mushrooms, artichokes, proscuitto, and buffalo mozzarella. Absolutely OUTSTANDING. So fresh and flavorful. So authentic. I mean, seriously I can't wait to get back here and try it again. 

Tip: BYOB here and there is no corking fee! Check out their menu here.

What is YOUR favorite pizza joint in Nashville?

Five Points Pizza
1012 Woodland St.
Nashville, TN 37206
(615) 915-4174
Five Points Pizza on Urbanspoon
DeSano Pizza Bakery
115 16th Ave S.
Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 953-1168
DeSano Pizza Bakery on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

3 comments

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig