your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

My chat with Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr., and Keith Urban in Nashville

Whew, ya'll. Today was quite the whirlwind, and a day filled with firsts: My very first press line, first time meeting a pop superstar, first time meeting a cast member of one of the best movies EVER - Hope Floats (right?), and first time to hang with one of my favorite country musicians.

jennifer lopez keith urban harry connick jr nashville
Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick, Jr. in Nashville
American Idol 2014 auditions are now in full force, and Nashville is the latest pit stop for the judges looking to find the best of the best talent in the country. I have to admit, last night, I literally couldn't sleep. I felt like I was about to start a brand new job, or enter my freshman year of high school all over again (both terrifying in their own right). But thanks to some preparation by rehearsing Love Don't Cost a thing lyrics/choreography, and some advice from my friend Sarah at Sarah Lai PR, I managed to confidently conquer my latest Nashville experience.

When the judges made it down to our end of the line, I wanted to know anything and everything they thought about Nashville (and a little about that show American Idol). Alas, this is what I discovered:


Jennifer Lopez

jennifer lopez jlo nashville
Chatting with Jennifer Lopez in Nashville
On the potential of a Keith and JLo duet, Lopez says, "Will it ever happen? I don't know. Only if it happens organically." Ya'll. I could most definitely get down on a Jennifer/Keith collabo. Pop goodness + one of our best country crooners? Deliciousness. She also touched on whether or not she's been able to take in any of the Nashville sights like honky tonks. "I've heard a lot about it, but not visited. We just haven't had time...the most fun we had was driving around in the (Urbans) pickup yesterday," she says. "We passed by Broadway, and saw it (the honky tonks) from afar." Um. Could you imagine sipping on your PBR at Robert's next to JLo? Right.

Finally, I had to know what, if any of our fabulous food scene she was able to try. Unfortunately for her it wasn't much, as she explained she is currently dieting for upcoming video shoots. Clearly she doesn't know what she's missing out on, I'd say it's worth a cheat for some Etch.

Harry Connick, Jr.


harry connick jr nashville
Harry Connick, Jr.
Harry was all about the music. Nashville info, not as much. When asked whether he preferred the good auditions or the bad, Connick says, "I look forward to the good...Sometimes weird and good are synonymous, too. I'm not a big fan of when people know they shouldn't be here, and they act silly." I'm not so much into the bad auditions so I'm totally with you, Harry, but I'm not so sure that the producers would agree.

Keith Urban

Talking about preserving Nashville's history with Urban
I figured Urban would have been able to tour the judges all around his stomping grounds, but when asked if he had a chance to show his fellow judges the town, Urban says he hasn't been able to do so, wishing he could have taken them on a drive out in Leipers Fork. "We had to get on the set, and didn't get the time to do it," he says. Sounds to me like a return trip is in order.

My favorite part about chatting with Keith was having the chance to ask his thoughts on the importance of preserving Nashville's historic studios and buildings. Be sure to stay tuned for part two of our interview on the blog for all the details.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig